Lucía G. Perillán, M.Ac. L.Ac. RCST
Licensed acupuncturist Lucía G. Perillán invites patients to cultivate wellness and use symptoms as teachers.
Lucía promises to discern and reflect your healing intentions, re-invigorate your vital spirit, promote the resolution of illness, and encourage the integration of self.
A Passion for Chinese Healing Arts
Lucía discovered Chinese Healing Arts when her father was ill. The task he left her when he passed away was the reunion of the mind and the heart. As she found herself drawn further towards Chinese Medicine, she realized that in this tradition the mind actually resides in the heart! In this spirit of integration she calls her practice Mind in Heart Healing Arts.
Lucía’s clinical practice and advanced studies in Classical Chinese Medicine focus on preventative medicine with a special emphasis on the needs of women and adolescents and people living with cancer and chronic illness, and the resolution of trauma.
In addition to providing acupuncture treatments, Lucía recommends dietary changes and simple qigong breathing exercises to enhance and prolong the benefits of acupuncture treatment. When appropriate, she prescribes Chinese Herbs in raw or powder/pill form as an adjunct to Acupuncture treatment. Lucia’s practice is also informed by the principles of Craniosacral Biodynamics.
Formerly a middle and high school educator, she loves to work with groups to explore issues of wellness and teach workshops.
Licensed to practice acupuncture , Lucía is a member of the Maryland Acupuncture Society. She is a Diplomate in Acupuncture from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Lucía is also nationally certified as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist by the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association.
Lucia is also a Registered and Certified Biodynamic practitioner.
In addition to hiking and practicing yoga, Lucía studies the healing benefits of Movement. These include internal and external martial arts including Tai Chi, Qigong and loves sword forms; she practices for the health benefits, to cultivate her skills as a healer, and for fun.
- Stillpoint. Certification and Post-Graduate training in Craniosacral Biodynamics with Franklyn Sills and Katherine Ukleja.
- Pre and Peri-Natal studies with Myra Martin.
- Touch Skills Training for Trauma. In training.
- Japanese- Style Acupuncture with Kiiko Matsumoto .
- Chinatown Wellness. Chinese Herbal Medicine Program with Jeffrey C. Yuen, Chinatown, New York City, N.Y.
- Ambrosia Teas, Advanced Studies in Gynecology, Pediatrics, Cancer Care, and Dietary Medicine with Jeffrey C. Yuen. New York City, N.Y.
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association. Certified Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist. TAI, Maryland.
- Traditional Acupuncture Institute (TAI SOPHIA). Masters in Acupuncture.
- Swarthmore College. Bachelors in History with Distinction. Swarthmore, PA.